Friday, March 16, 2012

Will the real GOP please stand up?

Which view better exemplifies the GOP?

View 1:  "I want regulators to see businesses and enterprises of all kinds as their friends, and to encourage them and to move them along."  -- Mitt Romney

I agree with this view.  Regulators shouldn't view businesses as enemies or as the police view the mob.  Instead, regulators should see businesses as friends.  To me, this means helping them along and calling them out when they are doing shady and stupid stuff.

View 2:  Just published: The Greatest Hoax: How the Global Warming Conspiracy Threatens Your Future by Sen. James Inhofe (R-OK).

Inhofe's defense of his thesis is the Bible, not science.

On a radio show yesterday, Inhofe explained: "Well actually the Genesis 8:22 that I use in there is that 'as long as the earth remains there will be seed time and harvest, cold and heat, winter and summer, day and night,' my point is, God's still up there. The arrogance of people to think that we, human beings, would be able to change what He is doing in the climate is to me outrageous."

How many people actually believe this nonsense?

No comments:

Post a Comment